Application forms are a key part of the recruitment process, with small businesses as well as global brands using them to identify talent. This Career Development course unit will help you to write a quality application and personal statement.
The following sites provide guides to key aspects of the application process:
- Completing application forms
- Examples questions and answers in applications
- Job hunting blogs – individual case studies
- Planning and making applications
- Researching employers and application planning tips
- Tackling application forms and personal statements
- Making speculative applications
- Mitigating circumstances for job applications and how to disclose them
- Accepting job offers and handling rejection
Personal statements - resources:
- Imperial College London - Writing Personal Statements
- City University London - Personal Statements for Postgraduate Study
How can I get help with my application form?
Once you have drafted application form you may feel that you would like some feedback on it prior to submitting it. In order to do this, please click here if you want to speak with a Careers Adviser.