Our Career Development Course has 16 units covering a variety of topics that can help you with your career planning and is available 24/7. Access the information you need, right when you need it!
Each unit covers an individual topic and will include information, along with activities, which are set to develop your understanding of that specific area. To pass the unit, you’ll need to take a multiple-choice quiz, scoring at least 8 out of 10. All units are available in English and Welsh.
Complete 5 units of your choice to achieve the Career Development Course, or 10 or more units to achieve the Advanced Career Development Course. Both are formally recognised in your Higher Education Achievement Report (HERA) and will gain you a digital badge which can be shared with employers on your LinkedIn profile.
Not sure where to start? The choice is entirely yours! We’ve put together some suggestions below, depending on what stage you’re at:
- Unsure what you want to do in your career? Try these units: Develop Self-awareness, Career options, Demonstrating reflection
- Need help with the recruitment process? Try these units: Produce a great CV , Cover letter and Linked In Profile, Applications, Ace the Interview, Succeed with Psychometric tests, Commercial awareness
- Planning your next steps? Try these units: Career action plan, Decision making, Starting your own business, Job hunting and networking, Gaining experience of work
- Looking to develop your skills? Try these units: Resilience, Mindset, Emotional intelligence
Why should you do the Career Development Course?
- Build confidence and the skills employers are looking for
- Learn at your own pace and reach your personal goals
- Recorded on your Higher Education Achievement Record (HEAR)
- Gain a digital badge to share with employers on LinkedIn
- Make your CV and LinkedIn stand out; get shortlisted for interviews and secure the opportunities your interested in.
Don’t just take our word for it…
’ I enjoyed the quiz at the end of each unit and the fact that my efforts are recognised. The opportunity of having it in Welsh is special as I wish to pursue a career in Wales and use my language… I would highly recommend this to any student’ (Elin, student)
Swansea University graduates can access the Graduate Career Development Course by signing up to the Graduate Support Programme.
Have a question on the Career Development Course?Email the team today!