Looking for a graduate job? - Want a work placement? - Need a part-time job?
Graduate Prospects is a portal to many key sources of advice on many career management topics, job vacancies, graduate employers, recruitment events and lots more.
My Prospects provides a personalised environment, delivering careers advice, jobs and training opportunities all for free.
Register with TARGETjobs to receive internship, placement and job alerts together with careers information and advice tailored to your individual profile.
Inside Careers focuses on Accountancy, Actuaries, Banking, Engineering, IT, Logistics, Management Consultancy, Patent Attorneys, Purchasing and Tax.
Professional bodies are great sources of information on a wide range of professional careers, routes of entry, internships, graduate schemes, qualifications as well as available funding to gain professional qualifications. Read more at TotalProfessions.com. You can also find out about relevant professional bodies by exploring job profiles on the Graduate Prospects website.
Gradcracker is a great online resource for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics students.
Public sector jobs
Some key sources:
- Jobs.ac.uk - research, science, academic and related professions
- TARGETjobs - public service, charity and social work
- Graduate Prospects - Public sector
- Graduate Prospects - Charities and volunteering
- LGjobs.com - Local Government
- Civil Service Job Search
- Civil Service Fast Stream
- The Guardian
- www.environmentpost.co.uk includes both UK based and international jobs, voluntary roles and expeditions.
- We subscribe to the Countryside Jobs Service vacancy bulletins. Having logged into MyUni, registered students can click here to access this service. Alternatively, Countryside Jobs can be accessed through the Interactive Career Planning course in Blackboard. Alumni may obtain login details at the service desk on Level 3 of the Library or by telephoning 01792 513266. They also provide an "Ask CJS" query service.
- Job profiles relating to the Environment on the Graduate Prospects website include vacancy sources.
- The ENDS (Environmental Data Services) website includes a searchable jobs database.
Ethics and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) are becoming increasingly important in the workplace. The TARGETjobs website has a section on finding ethical employers.
Want to use a recruitment agency?
The Graduate Prospects website provides a guide to finding and choosing agencies.