We realise that this is a stressful time for everyone and that it can be hard to stay positive and motivated in this situation.
Please also consider the Listening Service if you feel that it would help to speak to someone 1-2-1 about how you are feeling. The Listening Service is offering video chat and telephone appointments (email Listeningservice.email@example.com to schedule an appointment).
While it is fine if you are not into socialising or constant activity, for some people being active and connecting with other people can help with your mood and motivation. Please see the information below for some ideas:
The Positivity Page - The Positivity Page includes a combination of Swansea University specific resources, content created by your dedicated Swansea University staff and our fantastic students as well as recommendations from organisations and individuals across the country. If you have something to share, be it a recipe, a blog, some photos or a poem, please get in touch.
Discovery Student Volunteering Society (SVS) - Discovery is the student volunteering group at Swansea University. Many of their projects are available regardless of lockdown measures and can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Join the team on Wednesdays at 1pm live on Facebook for Virtual Sofa; you will find out the latest news, as well as be able to have a chat about volunteering & the latest volunteering opportunities: https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverySVS/
Here's a 3-minute video summarising what Discovery do: https://youtu.be/R9-5_JYo028
House Party - House Party is an app designed to help you keep in touch with friends via your phone and your internet browser. Through the app you can host video chats and play games such as Heads Up and Trivia. https://houseparty.com/
Exercise Classes - Fitness Blender: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos
Yoga with Adrienne - https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
More ideas from MyUni Hub - See a list of ideas on the MyUni pages: http://studentnewsletter.swan.ac.uk/archives/16233
Please also see below for a list of the main University services we refer to or go to the Support and Wellbeing My Uni page for a more comprehensive list.
Support and advice for any learning difficulties or ongoing health problems that may affect your studies.
- Self-Referral Form: https://form.jotform.com/70183599221963
- Website: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/disability/current-students/
- Email: Disability@swansea.ac.uk
Aim to foster co-operation and collaboration between faiths and to offer confidential and non-judgmental support, advice and guidance to anyone who seeks it, irrespective of their beliefs.
Advice and guidance regarding any International Student issues including visa applications.
This service is available for all students & staff. It offers a listening ear to whoever needs it and is completely confidential.
Student Finance queries, financial hardship and general financial advice.
MyUniHub is your first point of contact for all non-College related queries during your study at Swansea University. A good place to start if you don’t know where to go.
Here are some of the specific things they can help with:
- Changes to your student status.
- Proof of enrolment.
- Transcripts and replacement certificates.
- Thesis binding.
- Changing your address.
- Tuition fee payments.
- Further study opportunities.
- Proof of student status letters for various purposes e.g. council tax exemption.
- Access to and appointments for support services such as Disability and Wellbeing Service.
Phone: 01792 606000
As the Student's Union are a separate entity of Swansea University, they are able to offer impartial advice on a range of issues.
Typically we refer students to them for advice and support regarding Academic Appeals, complaints, harassment and external accommodation issues.
- Website: https://www.swansea-union.co.uk/support/advicesupportcentre/about/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01792 602311 or 01792 295821
- Drop-Ins on Bay Campus (1st floor of the Students' Union building, just ask at the ground floor reception) and Singleton Campus (Ground floor of Fulton House, just behind Costcutter)
Mental health and counselling support service.
- Self-Referral Form: https://form.jotformeu.com/82033640270345
- Self-Help Resources: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/wellbeing/self-help-resources/
- Website: https://www.swansea.ac.uk/wellbeing/
- Email: email@example.com