Coronavirus Recovery: advice and latest information

Temporary Suspension of Mental Health Referrals for New Students

Due to unprecedented student demand and unforeseen staff absence, the Wellbeing Service is currently unable to accept new referrals for mental health advice and support. We also cannot accept referrals from students who have previously accessed the Wellbeing Service but have not been in contact within the last 3 months.

Students seeking support for Autistic Spectrum Conditions should email as we have some limited availability within our ASC team.

Students and staff seeking advice or reasonable adjustments can still email


Please visit our webpages for further guidance and self-help resources that you may find beneficial. You can also find details of other University services that are available by clicking on the ‘I Want To Talk To Someone’ expander item on our Mental Health Support webpage.

If you feel that you urgently need help with your difficulties, it is important that you contact your GP, visit your nearest hospital emergency department or call NHS Wales on 111 to access any statutory care and support you may need. Our Help in a Crisis webpage also provides further information.

If you need information or you're worried about something, feel upset or confused, or you just want to talk to someone, you can contact the Samaritans by calling 116 123 from the UK, or email