The role of Student Support Services is not to replace NHS services, but is to enable and empower students with mental health difficulties to make positive decisions and choices for themselves. If you require NHS services (such as a GP, community mental health team, psychiatrist etc.), you are advised to maintain contact with the relevant service.

The Wellbeing and Disability Service can provide access to;

We can also;

  • Assist you with the application process for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA). Long-term support for your study is only available through this non means support package for UK students.
  • Advise/liaise with academic departments on Reasonable Adjustments if needed. Adjustments may include additional time in exams, smaller rooms in exams or alternative means of assessment for coursework etc.
  • Assist you if your circumstances and current health make study difficult for you.


Have you tried: