We've brought together a wide range of information that you may find helpful. There are many online and local resources and programmes which are updated regularly.
- Mind charity provide information and brief guides to managing and getting support for a wide range of mental health issues, including an A-Z of Mental Health
- Student Minds is the UK's student mental health charity
- Student Space provides expert information and advice to help you through the challenges of coronavirus, including phone, text and web chat support
- SilverCloud is an online course which offers support for anxiety, depression, and much more, all based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). NHS Wales are offering the course for free to those aged 16 or over, who are registered with a GP in Wales or live in Wales AND who are not receiving secondary or tertiary mental health services (e.g. not under the care of a psychiatrist or psychologist). For more information please visit the Public Health Wales webpages, or sign up directly via: https://nhswales.silvercloudhealth.com/signup/
- CONNECT have partnered with The Foundation for Positive Mental Health to provide free access to the Feeling Good App for all staff and students. The app teaches you how to calm your mind and develop a positive mindset, enabling greater emotional resilience to deal more effectively with challenges of everyday life.
- Headspace provides a mindfulness mobile phone app where you can access a free 10 day programme of mindfulness audio guides. Headspace is free for Students with Spotify Premium
- Browse our list of useful Wellbeing Apps
Self-Help Guides and Books
- Hafal Mental Health Sanctuary Service is an out of hours service that provides practical and therapeutic, holistic person centred support to people at risk of mental health crisis in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot. The service is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, from 6pm until 2am. The Sanctuary is now open to self referrals, if you would like to access this service then please contact 01792 399 676; lines are open between 6pm and 1:30am
- Live Well by NHS Wales provides tips and tools to help you make the best choices about your health
- One-Stop Mental Health Hub is run Swansea City A.F.C in conjunction with the Jac Lewis Foundation, South Wales Police, Samaritans and Swansea City Council. For further information, please visit the Swansea.Com Stadium website, Jac Lewis Foundation website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org