From time to time, students would prefer to change rooms while living in halls of residence for a variety of reasons.
We have a Facebook Room Swap group. Post here and you may be able to swap rooms, and the cost is only £5.00. Make sure you state if your flat is: Alcohol-Free, Single Sex or Quiet, Mature area or Postgraduate. If you find someone that wants to swap rooms with you, submit a Room Swap Request Form. We try and process this as quickly as possible when we are notified by both students a swap is wanted.
Request a Transfer
In the first few weeks of the term, many rooms appear to be available, but they are in fact contracted to a student who has arranged a late arrival. It is important you follow guidance form the accommodation team around this, and we will do all we can to support you through the process.
Due to the number of requests at the start of the year, it is unlikely that we will be able to arrange all requests immediately. Where possible, we will try to coordinate moves as quickly as possible, but these can sometimes take 2-4 weeks and it is essential to remember there is no guarantee with this process.
- The transfer list will operate in a priority order, based on the date of your application and any medical needs or disabilities.
- There is a £50.00 administration charge for all successful transfers when In-House. Pre Arrival requests do not incur a charge.
- Check your emails regularly. Any updates will be sent to your university email as this is what is connected to your accommodation record.
- Give as much information as possible for your request in order to offer you the best alternative e.g. single sex, alcohol-free etc.
- The request must be renewed every 28 days or the request will expire. If you do not follow the process, you will be required to submit a new request which will delay your transfer.
- After the offer is made, you will have 3 days to accept it before it is cancelled. This new room offer is sent to your student email address.
- A transfer may not be considered if there is any outstanding debt.