Our GO!Team volunteers come from a range of different backgrounds - it doesn't matter who you are, if you have a positive, can-do attitude, a passion for working with others and understand how to make others feel welcome then come and join us!
Volunteer benefits include:
- The opportunity to develop employability skills and enhance their CV (resume)
- Making a real difference to the experience of other Swansea University students
- Access to free or reduced entry to many international and other social events on and off campus
- The opportunity to develop skills in areas such as Cultural Awareness and Event Planning
- Be actively involved in the wider university community
- Meet new friends and people from all over the world
- Try something new!
What we expect from you:
- To represent Swansea University in a positive light
- To listen carefully and follow instructions
- To endeavour to communicate with ICL, staff, students and others calmly and effectively
- To be reliable; if you agree to volunteer at a particular event, or agree to do a piece of work for us, please follow through on it. If something happens which means you cannot meet a responsibility you have, please let the Team Leader or your Mentor know as soon as possible
- To have good timekeeping skills; please arrive on time to events and keep to given deadlines for written reports, articles or social media posts
- To be flexible and adapt to new situations.
- To have a good understanding of issues facing new students.
- To be approachable and have an understanding that some new students will be shy and apprehensive.
- To be able to take the initiative and be able to think on your feet.
What you can expect from us:
- Training opportunities from ICL, DISCOVERY and other University sources. If you want training in any specific areas, feel free to speak to your mentor about it and we will see what can be arranged for you.
- Help and support in managing individual Projects and activities
- A Project Leader and Team Mentor that will guide you and give you feedback. If you have any questions or worries, they will always be happy to have a chat with you.
- Help in assessing what employability skills you have gained
- Provide a reference letter for future employers