As a member of the Student Review Community you can expect to gain considerable experience, skills and confidence that will help you find your feet in the professional environments in the future.
You'll also have the opportunity to contribute directly to the quality of the learner experience at Swansea, and have your voice heard as a valued member of the team.
Everything you do as a Student Reviewer will appear on your Higher Education Academic Record, demonstrating:
- Evidence of your professionalism and ability to take on responsibility
- Direct experience of a values-led management/administrative culture
- Confidence in meeting environments
- Your ability to contribute to academic debate and decision making
- A keen interest in learning, teaching, academic quality, curriculum design and other educational themes.
- Your ability to handle confidential information and work under data protection laws
- Your commitment to communicating and influencing positive change within the University
- Self-confidence, time keeping, work prioritisation and a commitment to continuing professional development
- For experienced student reviewers, experience delivering training and coaching your peers
Extensive training will be provided to all Student Reviewers, starting with group sessions then progressing to more specialised one-to-one coaching.
Sessions will be offered by the Swansea Employability Academy to help you talk about your experiences as a Student Reviewer to potential employers.
You will also have a tangible record, as student review activities can also count towards the HEAR Award, and the Swansea Employability Academy Award.
Last but not least, you will meet many passionate, friendly and inspiring people at all levels across the institution working to make things better. It promises to be an enriching experience for all involved.