Save on rent and earn rewards by showing your room at an Open Day
Please note that due to the coronavirus pandemic, many open days are taking place virtually, so Show Flat opportunities are more limited. Events that do take place in person are fully risk assessed by the H&S team.
By volunteering to show your flat, you are enabling prospective students to visit our residences during the academic year on planned Open Days, as you may have had the opportunity to do when you were choosing your university. Your support will help prospective students and the university. Your participation also allows you to save £20 per event on your final term’s residence fees.
The role of a Show Flat Resident
- Welcome visitors to your accommodation on planned Open Days in a friendly manner, offering visitors an opportunity to view your room, en-suite (if applicable) and communal areas.
- Talk about your positive experiences of living in a Swansea University residence. Prospective students really value the opinions of current students and want to hear what it’s like living in residences from your point of view.
You will need to ensure:
- All areas of your flat are clean and tidy on the day of viewings.
- As a flat, you take joint responsibility for keeping communal areas clean and tidy.
- Report any repairs/damages as soon as you notice it.
- Please note, if you are consistently unable to commit fully to the scheme, unfortunately, you may be asked to transfer to alternative accommodation, your support and commitment is essential.
To thank you:
- Upon completion of all your scheduled viewings, you will be credited £20 per event that your accommodation is open for. This will be discounted from your final term’s residence fees.
- Your room will receive additional cleaning for open days by the cleaning team
- We will happily provide you a reference
- Additional incentives such as discount vouchers
- You will need to be present for all viewing days
- It is important to respond to emails regarding your availability and participation when prompted to or we will be unable to verify and credit you for events you have completed. You will be contacted by the accommodation team to your student email address.
- You will be given a list of viewing dates, times and a timetable*. They will cover University Open Days from 09:00-16:00. This is usually 2 Saturdays in October and 4 Saturdays between Spring and June.
- You will not be asked to participate on every date, but please make a note of them in your diary so that you are aware of them. We do our best to alternate flats regularly and to listen to student feedback to improve your experience.
*Timetables may be subject to change to accommodate demand and the situation around coronavirus.
To find out more about showing your flat, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org