Standard Visitor visa letters can only be requested by Swansea University students who are:


External student and required to return to the UK to undertake assessment(s) in TB1 or TB2.


Attending Swansea University on a programme of studies that lasts no longer than 6 months.


Returning to Swansea in order to undertake a viva examination

When to request a letter?

If you are a current student and require a Standard Visitor visa to return to the UK, please request a ‘Standard Visitor visa letter’ from within 3 months of your date of travel to the UK.

What happens next?

Providing your request has been made within the correct time period, you will be sent a Standard Visitor Visa letter application that will need to be fully completed and returned to Student Compliance Services at your convenience.

You are advised to submit the Standard Visitor visa letter application along with copies of your current passport and any UK study visas.

For further information on the type of documentation to submit with your application please visit the International@Campuslife website.