Enrolment for Continuing Students
Enrolment for students continuing their studies
- Read your enrolment emails
- We'll be sending enrolment emails with enrolment, registration and induction information you need before continuing the next level or year of your studies.
- Sort out your tuition fee and funding
- Make your application for a UK student finance loan to Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland (the Student Loans Company). If you have a loan from the Student Loans Company, your fees will be paid by your tuition fee loan/grant and your maintenance loan will be paid when you have enrolled within five working days.
- If you have other sponsorship from your employer, trust, council or embassy, send us a Confirmation of Sponsorship form or letter from your sponsor by email to email@example.com or by post to Student Records Office, Singleton Abbey, Swansea University, SA2 8PP
- If you are a member of staff studying a course, send us your Staff Bursary Form or Student Research Assistant Bursary form available from here staff.swansea.ac.uk/professional-services/human-resources/policies-and-procedures under the “Employment and Contractual Arrangements” section.
- Otherwise please make your own arrangements to pay by card or direct debit when you enrol or pay in advance by logging in to the SU intranet and click on Financial Transactions to make a payment.
- Module selection
- If you need to change a module after you enrol, you are allowed change modules for a limited period during term time by returning a Module selection authorisation slip to your College.
- If you are repeating a level, you can apply to repeat failed modules by returning an Application to repeat failed modules
- International non-EU right to study check
- Check your visa has not expired and covers the duration of your course. If you need to extend your visa talk to our International Campus Life office as soon as possible.
- You will need to bring your passport and visa/Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card) to a right to study registration venue.
- Paying your bills
- If you rely on a bursary, scholarship, grant or loan to pay your bills, please note the first payment is made after you enrol and may not be in your bank account by the 1st day of the month. To avoid going overdrawn, we advise direct debits/making regular payments after the 7th day of the month.
- If you have not received a University maintenance payment you were expecting, please contact the Finance Payments section.
International non-EU students studying in the UK
You will need to register every year by bringing your passport and visa to a registration venue on the campus where your College is based.
If you have applied for a new visa, bring your letter of entitlement to pick up your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card)
Present your passport and visa/BRP card to be scanned and recorded by the University to confirm your right to study as required by the UK Visas & Immigration authority.
After completing your registration you will need to enrol online.
Registration venues 23 Sep - 4 Oct, Monday to Friday, Open 9am, Last entry 4:30pm
- A006 The Base, Engineering Central (Building 4 on the Bay campus map) for Engineering, Management, Science (Computer Science, Mathematics), Sports Science, The College.
- Taliesin Create (Building 32 on the Park campus map) for Arts and Humanities, Human and Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Science (Biosciences, Chemistry, Geography, Physics).
Registration venues for all other dates
- For all other dates, we will send details of alternative venues in your arrival, enrolment and induction emails.
International non-EU students studying abroad
Please email a scanned copy of your passport and the study agreement from your Swansea University College confirming that you will be studying wholly abroad to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a new step for continuing students who have not registered before.
We need you to register proof of identity and nationality to confirm your right to study, tuition fee status and eligibility to receive a student loan or other funding.
To register, please upload your UK or EU passport and enter details by logging in to the intranet.
If you do not have a passport, email scanned images of your birth certificate and photo ID to email@example.com. Acceptable forms of photo ID are:
- a UK photo driving licence; or
- EU National Identity card; or
- a UK Proof of Age Standards Scheme card available from www.validateuk.co.uk
How to upload your passport
To upload your passport, follow these steps:
- Scan an image of your passport. We accept jpeg or png file types with a max file size of 100MB.
- Login to your intranet account at intranet.swan.ac.uk
- You should see a reminder message: “Prior to enrolling online you are REQUIRED to upload your passport Here” Please click on the link to take you to the passport upload page.
- Otherwise, if you don't see this message you can navigate to your personal details page from the menu on the left, then click on the Identification tab.
- To upload your passport please complete all the fields on the form. Make sure the details you enter match exactly the details on your passport.
- See below a description of each of the fields:
- Image Upload You will need to upload a jpeg or png image of your passport. You CANNOT upload a pdf. The uploaded image needs to be of good quality, otherwise a poor quality image may be rejected.
- Passport Number Normally found on the top right of your passport and is 9 characters in length.
- Passport Name Please ensure you enter all names exacly as they appear on your passport.
- Issue Date and Expiry Date Using the date picker, ensure both dates match your passport.
- Passport Nationality Please select “Yes” from the drop down if your nationality is correct. Otherwise, select “No” and follow the instructions.
- Place of Issue. Enter the place of issue on your passport
- Country of Birth Select from the drop down the country of birth to match your passport.
- Place of Birth Enter the place of birth on your passport.
If you have issues uploading your passport, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org including your student number and the details of the issue you are having.
To enrol online log in to the intranet here and click on the green arrow opposite your course then complete each section as follows:
- Agree to be a student at Swansea University and abide by the academic guide regulations and the data protection statement.
- Check and update your student record, personal data, home address and module selection (where appropriate).
- Provide your UK term time address and postcode, otherwise provide your study abroad term address.
- If you are liable to pay a fee, during online enrolment you can make a payment by card or pay later by setting up a direct debit. For more information browse How To Pay Fees
Online enrolment workshop
You may need to attend if you fall into into one or more of these categories:
- You are an international non-EU student studying in the UK.
- If you have been requested to present your original entry qualification certificates to Admissions, for example your bachelor degree.
- You have a query about paying a fee; your student record; personal data; course and modules; tuition fee; student loan or other funding.
- You cannot complete online enrolment and need help.
Workshop venues 23 Sep - 4 Oct, Monday to Friday, Open 9am, Last entry 4:30pm
- A006 The Base, Engineering Central (Building 4 on the Bay campus map)
- Taliesin Create (Building 32 on the Park campus map)
If necessary, report to your College subject area induction otherwise check your teaching timetable and attend class at the start of term
By the start of term you should have chosen your modules, normally 120 credits for full time study or 60 credits if you are part time. If you need to change your module selection, ask your College for advice before signing up for a module.
Browse your College and subject area web page for details of induction events and return dates:
- Adult Continuing Education
- Arts and Humanities
- English Language Training
- Human and Health
- The College (Foundation Year and Integrated Programmes)
There is no induction for these subject areas:
- Sports Science
Please contact your supervisor and confirm the next step of your work plan.
If you need to know when to attend your modules or induction events contact your College.
Research students, please login to the eVision Research Management System (RMS) to review your meetings, engagement and attendance monitoring details and ensure this month's event is completed.