We are currently reviewing attendance monitoring procedures for the 20/21 academic year in light of the changing circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic. We will update the information on this page as soon as the new procedures are confirmed.
MyAttendance User Guide
The MyAttendance web app provides a way for you to view your overall, modular and individual event attendance. Please see the Attendance Monitoring home page for more information on how it allows us to offer you additional support.
Here are some useful tips on how to use the system.
Best viewed in Chrome or Firefox.
- Go to https://myuni.swansea.ac.uk
- Click on My Apps:
- Click on MyAttendance:
- Your personal profile screen showing your photograph, name, course, student ID number, course information will appear as follows:
- From the MENU click on ‘My Attendance’, the following screen will appear listing your modules and the attendance information for each:
- Click on the FROM and TO date range boxes at the top of the screen.
- The following pop up screen will appear at the bottom of the screen as follows:
- Select new date ranges required by scrolling through the required month, date, year options provided and click on the icon with the calendar and the tick box on the right-hand side.
PLEASE NOTE: the same process applies to changing the date ranges in any of the menu screens.
- From the MENU click on ‘Swipe Log’, the following screen will appear:
- The ‘Swipe Log’ screen lists every swipe you have made at a reader in the date range you have selected, and shows if the swipe matched (green tick) or did not match (red cross) the classes on your timetable.
- It is important to understand that only those swipes which are shown as matched (green tick) are counted in the overall module % figures shown on the ‘my attendance’ screen.
Please see the list of reasons a swipe could be recorded as ‘not matched’:
- You swiped into the wrong room
You must swipe into the room that is shown on your timetable for a swipe to be matched. If your lecturer makes you move rooms, it is important that he/she let’s the timetabling team know so they can amend your timetable. If the change of room isn’t recorded on your timetable your swipe will not be counted and the system will think you have been absent from your class – your % attendance will go down because the system thinks you did not attend the class shown on your timetable.
- You swiped into the correct room but you swiped in too early
If you swipe into your class more than 15 minutes before the class starts the swipe will not be matched to your timetable as the readers only switch over to record swipes 15 minutes before the class starts. If you swipe too early the system will not match your swipe and will mark you as absent from the class, your % attendance will be affected. It is important to swipe at the correct time.
- You went to a different session to the one shown on your timetable
If you attend a different class to the one that is shown on your timetable (i.e. join another group because you can’t make your scheduled session that week) the system will record your swipe but it will not match it to the class that is on your timetable. You will be recorded as absent from class that is on your timetable and your attendance % will go down.
- From the main MENU select ‘Change Language’ and the following screen will appear:
- Select ‘Choose Language’ and you will presented with an option to select either English or Welsh as follows:
- Once you have selected your preferred language, click on the ‘Save’ button, where you will be prompted to confirm your decision.