The University offers free WiFi to students and access is available in all of our residences.
- Open your web browser and you will be presented with the Wifinity sign in screen.
- Click on the “Create Account” button. Fill in your details and pick your product.
- On completion of registration, make a note of your username and password.
- You will be returned to the Wifinity sign in screen. Use your new username and password to get online.
All other sites
Eduroam is the University Wireless Network, available on Singleton Park Campus, Hendrefoelan Student Village and Beck House, and supports a wide range of devices.
Eduroam should be used for everything except gaming devices and internet styled devices (use Swansea Uni-play instead). All users are required to register each device to use the network.
Your username is your email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Your password is what you have set up previously to access MyUni, email, intranet, etc. If you haven’t got one set up, the default password is a combination of your student number and date of birth in the format studentnumber/dd/mm/yyyy
If you’re experiencing technical difficulties, please submit a support ticket via the ISS Service Desk or email email@example.com.
You must have a valid TV Licence to:
- watch or record programmes as they’re being shown on TV, on any channel
- watch or stream programmes live on an online TV service (such as ITV Hub, All4, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Now TV, Sky Go, etc.)
- download or watch any BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer
This applies to any device you use, including: a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, or digital recorder in your own bedroom or in communal areas.
TV Licensing Authority representatives can make checks throughout residences and will be accompanied by staff when visiting.
Remember, failure to hold a TV Licence can lead to a fine of up to £1000, so you must have one if you need it. Find out all you need to know about TV licensing, including how to claim back unused months, at TV Licensing™.
TV licensing general enquiries: 0300 790 6090