Notes on Purchasing and Ordering
To purchase a consumable or IT item, there are a number of steps you need to go through, depending on what you are purchasing.
Speak to your supervisor about where you will get the funds for your purchase. You will need the Grant Code and the name of the Authorised Signatory of the code. Speak to the person who has the authorised signatory of the code, to let them know that you are intending on making the purchase.
- If this item under £2,500, a direct purchase is allowed (it is a good idea to get the Authorised Signatory of the Grant Code to agree this is the best use of funds).
- If the item is between £2,500 and £25,000 than 3 quotes are required before purchasing.
- If the item you require is over £25,000 then a Tender needs to be undertaken by Procurement.
Once you are ready to order, send all the information WITH the following subject line: Supplier name, Order value & Grant code to email@example.com and we will complete the Engineering Order Form on your behalf. Once your order has been checked and authorised by the finance team, it will be processed and you will receive a confirmation email.
- Supplier Details
- Your delivery details
- Quantity – Description – Unit Cost
- Delivery Costs
- Grant Code
- Authorising Signatory
- Also complete the Radiation Hazard, and Lifting and Pressure Vessel Hazard sections if appropriate
For M2A students, please refer to the M2A website for specific forms and guidance: http://www.materials-academy.co.uk/student