Academic Appeals Procedure

This procedure is not meant to be used to consider student complaints. Students are directed to the University’s Complaints Procedures. Candidates wishing to request a check on individual marks are referred to the Accuracy of Published Marks Procedure.

These procedures are relevant to students wishing to appeal against a decision taken by an Examination Board.

Students may submit an academic appeal in accordance with the University’s Academic Appeals Procedure, based on heath circumstances or other exceptional personal circumstances, not related to the marking and assessment boycott. Any appeal submitted solely on grounds relating to the marking and assessment boycott or the application of the Exceptional Regulations is not likely to be upheld. Industrial Action - Swansea University.

If you feel you are eligible, have grounds for appeal and are within time then you will need to complete the Appeal Form.

Completed request for appeal forms need to be submitted with all relevant supporting evidence by email to

As staff are currently working remotely, we cannot accept appeal forms or any documents/correspondence by post.

Students are also advised to read the revised Academic Appeals FAQ which provide more information about key deadlines for submitting appeals and about how appeals will be determined.  

Should you have any questions on the procedure or regulations, please contact the Student Cases Team, who will be happy to answer any queries you might have, via email at:  

In addition, the Student’s Union Advice Centre is available to assist and advise students, in confidence, regarding Appeals and operates as a free service for students. You can contact the Advice Centre via email at: