What is it all about?
Exercise is proven to be one of the best ways to boost your mood. It releases endorphins into your bloodstream, which will lift your mood as well as helping you to feel positive about yourself and what you can achieve. Exercise also helps to keep you healthy and fit, boosting your self-esteem and endurance. You can also use exercise as another way to meet like-minded people and make new friends.
Exercising is one of the four pillars to good health, alongside eating a balanced diet, sleeping well and allowing some time for rest.
Practical advice and tips
Here’s a list of just some of the ways you can exercise in Swansea University
- Join a gym – Both campuses have state of the art gym facilities, which offer cardiovascular training equipment, weights and scheduled classes such as yoga and aerobics. There are also plenty of other gyms you can join across the city, check out the list below!
- Join a sports team – Sport Swansea run over 50 different sports clubs to train and compete. If you don’t want to join, they offer taster sessions at the start of the year.
- Santander Bikes – The University recently won a bid to have Santander bikes at both campuses which can be rented out. You’ll see the red bikes outside Fulton House and the School of Management and can find out more info here.
- Bike scheme – Why not buy your own discounted bike so you can travel around the city cheaper whilst doing some vital exercise?
- Join a local club – There are lots of different sport and physical activity clubs to take part in ranging from the local park run every Saturday to competitive sports teams. Have a look on the internet for what suits you!
- Make the most of the local area – Swansea University is extremely lucky to have beaches and parks on our doorstep, which are ideal for some running, walking, cycling and whatever else you fancy!