Time to revise! While all of the Semester 2 2020 alternate assessments will be completed online and there will be no in-person assessments, we advise that you prepare for and approach these alternate assessments in the same way that you would normally revise for exams. We are all working remotely now, but there are still lots of Academic Supports available to help you revise and prepare:
The Centre for Academic Success is offering bookable online 1:1 sessions via Zoom to help with maths and statistics topics.
There are also a number of online resources available on Blackboard under My Organisation/ College of Engineering Mathematics Resources. This includes:
- HELM – Helping Engineers Learn Mathematics Workbooks
- SIGMA – Summary sheets covering key areas in Mathematics
- Lecture Notes – For the engineering analysis modules.
- Links to external sites
MathCentre is another resource. This webpage contains a range of support, worksheets, that you can work through to teach yourself, or use an aid. Please see their website for further information: http://www.mathcentre.ac.uk/courses/
Computer Aided Engineering Support:
- The college IT team has prepared a Software for CoE Students Guide, and are also available to help. If you have any questions about accessing or installing software and cannot find the information you need in the guide, please email them directly at EngineeringIT@swansea.ac.uk
- There are also a number of online resources available to help you with the use of Engineering-specific software on Blackboard under College of Engineering Community/CAE Support Tutorials.
Support for Writing, Research and Referencing:
- The Centre for Academic Success has a number of resources on their webpages, and are also offering bookable online 1:1 Zoom sessions to help with academic writing.
- The Library has created a guide to accessing online library resources and support (and in Welsh) to supplement the usual subject support and referencing guides.
- In addition, the Engineering and Sport and Exercise Science Subject Librarians are available through Live Chat and are also offering online 1:1 Zoom sessions to help with research and referencing (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm). To email, Live Chat or to make a Zoom appointment, please go to the Engineering Library page or the Sport and Exercise Science Library page.