Frequently asked questions
It’s a chance for you (and anyone who has come with you) to find out about the support and opportunities available at Swansea University, meet our wonderful staff and ask them any questions you may have. The atmosphere is relaxed and informal so feel free to just come along and browse!
- Talk to the 30+ different departments / organisations.
- Attend one of our short talks.
- Drop your parent/guardian/friend/relative off in the parent crèche which will be manned by a range of Swansea University Support staff.
- Get further information on the range of welcome events we have on offer. From Student Union Club nights to day trips in the Gower. We’ve got it all!
- Relax with some tea and coffee.
We aim to make our Welcome Fair as accessible as possible for all of our visitors. There will be staff and student ambassadors to direct and support visitors who need support with access.
Yes! In fact we would encourage it! Whether they have specific questions, want to know more about what support we offer or just generally want to get to know us/the University a bit better.
We’re so excited to welcome you and your guests that we have dedicated parking available. Once you’ve collected your keys and moved your luggage into your accommodation we have provided day parking for free! Staff / Signage will direct you to the car parks below.
Singleton campus – Recreation Ground
Bay Campus – Contractors car park.
There will be background music and chatter throughout the day but we have a quiet hour planned from 3pm-4pm on Friday and Saturday where there will be no music. There are also designated quiet spaces where Student Services Staff will be available to welcome you and answer questions. We also have designated relaxation spaces available if you just want to take some time out. Have a look at the floor plans for more details.