Get organised for your arrival in Swansea
Access your MyUni account (Gateway to the intranet, University email, Canvas, and other applications)
You will be advised via email when to access your account.
- Login at myuni.swan.ac.uk to access your applications.
- reset your password and
- register for multi factor authentication and then you wil be able to access the intranet (your student record and online enrolment), University email, Canvas and other applications.
Your email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org. For example, if your student number is 1234567, your email is email@example.com
For your photo to be accepted it will need to be:
- a recent passport style headshot of you on your own facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- your eyes must be open and visible (no sunglasses, tinted glasses or hair across your eyes)
- your full head without any covering (unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons)
- no other people visible in the photo
- be a colour portrait (not black and white) approximately 150 pixels wide by 180 pixels high
To check your right to study, browse our Right to Study Guidance (PDF)
We need you to register your proof of identity and nationality to confirm your right to study, tuition fee status and eligibility to receive loans/grants and Council Tax exemption.
- If you have a UK Student Finance tuition, your fees will be paid by your tuition fee loan/grant and your maintenance loan will be paid to you after you enrol.
- If you have other sponsorship, send us a Confirmation of Sponsorship form or sponsor letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the University is paying towards your fees, every year before you enrol make sure your online scholarship / bursary is authorised by your College
- If you are a member of staff studying a course, every year before you enrol send us your Staff Bursary Form or Student Research Assistant Bursary form available from here staff.swansea.ac.uk/professional-services/human-resources/policies-and-procedures under the “Employment and Contractual Arrangements” section.
- Otherwise, please make your own arrangements to pay by card or direct debit when you enrol online or pay in advance by logging in to the SU intranet and click on Financial Transactions to make a payment.
It is important for students to consider their financial plan before enrolling onto their course, and ensure that they are accessing the funding and support available to them. Use the Pre-Arrival Money Checklist to help with your financial plan, and please remember that Money@CampusLife are available to answer any student money related queries.
Your health is important to us, you need to:
read the health and welfare information to make sure everything is in place in case you need help
register with a GP (doctor) - Health Centre registration
register with a dentist - Dental surgery registration
Inform us of any specific requirements if you have a physical or learning disability, medical condition or other wellbeing need by contacting Student Services to let us know.
If you are aged between 17 and 25 years old and are coming to university for the first time it is important that you receive the new Men ACWY vaccination before you arrive. You can receive the vaccine by calling your GP and arranging an appointment.
Make sure that your MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) vaccinations are also up to date before coming.
Please bring records of the vaccination dates with you to register with a Swansea GP (this information will be available from your home GP or your Local Health Authority Childhood Immunisation Department).
Please note that protection against these diseases is not effective until 10 days after the vaccination.
Swansea University is a Higher Education Institute (HEI) with degree awarding powers and a registered charity.
You have a responsibility to keep your personal details up-to-date.
Information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you enrol with us. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys and provide feedback. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How we use your information
We collect information about you to record your personal details, academic progress, manage your access to University facilities and email you about events, academic assessment and services we think may be of interest to you.
Who receives your information
Where necessary, personal information will be shared internally across the University and externally with agencies and organisations in line with our statutory responsibilities and under current Data Protection legislation.
How long will your information be held
Swansea University will retain your personal information in line with the University Records Management Policy
Student privacy statement