Two or more incidents of offending or a significant offence is likely to be referred to Academic Services in accordance with the Student Disciplinary Procedures.
Examples of such offences include:
• Inviting or allowing guests in your residential accommodation which is in self-isolation.
• Going into other student’s residential accommodation which is in self-isolation.
• Inviting or allowing guests into your residential accommodation contrary to Welsh Government requirements (e.g. lockdown restrictions).
• Going into other students’ residential accommodation contrary to Welsh Government requirements (e.g. lockdown restrictions).
• Attendance at any social event/gathering where such social events/gatherings are precluded by Welsh Government restrictions.
• Single (one-off) incident listed above which causes or is likely to cause reputational damage to the University.
• Providing false or misleading information to the University following a reasonable request in relation to a Covid-19 incident.
• Incidents which have resulted in the police imposing a Fixed Penalty Notice, a Fine or a Caution related to a breach of Covid-19 laws or restrictions.
Such cases are likely to be referred to the Student Disciplinary Officer and the types of sanctions that may be applied are contained within Appendix 3 of the University’s Disciplinary procedure and include:
• A formal written warning
• A requirement to sign a behavioural contract
• A requirement to undertake unpaid services for the University, Students’ Union or community to a maximum of 28 hours
In addition, dependent upon the nature of the incident, a risk assessment may be undertaken in accordance with Appendix 2 of the University’s Disciplinary Procedure and this could result in a student’s full or partial suspension from study and exclusion from University premises pending the outcome of the disciplinary procedure. Such interim suspension could have serious implications on a student’s studies.