As an undergraduate or postgraduate taught student you will be given an Academic Mentor. This is a member of teaching staff in your College or School who acts as your key point of contact while you are at Swansea University.
You should meet with your Academic Mentor one-to-one at least once every Semester. You may also be invited to group meetings or workshops with your Academic Mentor.
Your Academic Mentor will guide and support you with your academic, professional and personal development. They can help you with:
- Reviewing your academic progress
- Accessing academic and personal support e.g. with welfare issues
- Understanding the exam and assessment system
- Academic references for placements / job applications
- Answering any other questions you may have or recommend where to best seek advice
Mentors may also have ‘office hours’ when you can see them as well. You can email your mentor if there is something you want to discuss and/or to arrange a meeting.